May 11, 2016, 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM
DoubleTree by Hilton
5780 Major Boulevard, Orlando, FL
Student Career Development Seminar
- Working for the Federal Government and Life in the Public Sector
- Why you should consider a career with the Federal Government?
- Who should consider a career with the Federal Government?
- How do you get a Federal Job? Student Recruitment Programs, Internships, Volunteer Programs, etc.
- Meet with Recruiters from various agencies from USDA, Law Enforcement Agencies, Intelligence Community, FAA, Coast Guard, State Department, DoD, VA, DOJ, TSA and More
Agenda for student program
1:45 PM – 3:15 PM A Federal Career Panel – Insight into Federal Careers as Public Servants
Description: The federal government has an impact on the lives of every American. If you are interested in making a difference and building a rewarding career then pursuing a career in the federal government might be right for you. This session will feature panelists from (list various agencies) who will share their experiences work-ing in the federal agencies.
3:15 PM – 3:30 PM Break
3:30 PM – 5:00 PM Federal Employment – The Pathways to Federal Employ-ment
Description: Working as a Federal Employee is a rewarding experience with many opportunities for individual development as well as serving our communities. The Pathways Programs offer clear paths to Federal internships for students from high school through post-graduate school and to careers for recent graduates, and pro-vide meaningful training and career development opportunities for individuals who are at the beginning of their Federal service.
Finding and applying for these great jobs can seem daunting. In this session, we will take the mystery out of USAJOBs.gov. Students will learn about the application process from start to finish, as well as learn about the opportunities afforded cur-rent students and recent college graduates, resume writing, and interview tips.