On April 17, the Wah Lum Ku Fu Temple and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Florida deputies hosted a Harassment and Bystander Training Workshop. Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Florida deputies were conducting a presentation for the Asian American community some tools and information to help them stay safe. Sifu Mimi Chan presented some practices when people are harassed, and bystander intervention.
They will host an online FREE Harassment & Bystander Training on April 22 at 6pm. Eventbrite registration at https://tinyurl.com/harassmentwebinar
Watch LIVE video 4/22 6pm at www.facebook.com/wahlumtempleorlando
Personal Safety Workshop + Harassment & Bystander Training:
Due to the rise in anti-Asian hate crimes, citizens should be aware of what to do in the event of a hate crime.
Personal Safety Workshop Presented by Orange County Sheriff Office
Situational awareness and safety
- How to be a good witness
- How to define harassment and hate crimes
- How, when and where to report hate crimes
- What to do if you witness a hate crime
Deescalation Tactics and Bystander Intervention Presented by Wah Lum Kung Fu Temple
- Best practices if you are harassed
- Best practices for bystander intervention
FREE Harassment & Bystander Training on April 22 at 6pm.
Eventbrite registration at https://tinyurl.com/harassmentwebinar
Watch LIVE at www.facebook.com/wahlumtempleorlando
- Asian American Journalists Association
- Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida
- Asia Trend Magazine
- Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association (GOAABA)
- Orange County Asian Committee
- NAAAP Orlando – National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Wah Lum Kung Fu Temple