- This event has passed.
Combating Hate, Racism, and Xenophobia Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
Apr 28, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us for this very important panel discussion hosted by the Coalition of Florida APIA Affiliates with APABA South Florida, APABA of Tampa Bay, the Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association, and the Jacksonville Asian American Bar Association. This event will be virtual and free to attend.
- Karen King, Co-Executive Editor of A Rising Tide of Hate and Violence against Asian Americans in New York During COVID-19: Impact, Causes, Solutions, and Partner with Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello PC.
- Manjusha P. Kulkarni, Co-Founder of Stop AAPI Hate and Executive Director of the Asian Pacific Policy and Planning Council (A3PCON), a coalition of over forty community-based organizations that serves and represents the 1.5 million Asian Pacific Islanders in Los Angeles County.
- Susan Mapu, FBI agent in Tampa, Florida. She is currently the primary Civil Rights representative for the Tampa Division Field Office.
- Ashley Washington, Assistant United States Attorney at U.S. Department of Justice (Jacksonville).
- Bernice Lee, Of Counsel with Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton and Past President of APABA South Florida.
- Onchantho Am, Vice President of Quality and Chief Legal Officer of Impower, and President of the Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association
The Coalition thanks our Event Sponsors and Community Supporters:
Broward County Bar Association
Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Jackson Lewis P.C.
Kim Vaughan Lerner LLP
Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton LLP
Sivyer, Barlow & Watson, P.A.
Anti-Defamation League Florida Region
Asian American Federation of Florida
Asian American Journalism Association Florida
Asian Caribbean Exchange – ACE Talk
Asian Community Resource Center
Asian Pacific American Bar Association (DC)
Asian Pacific American Coalition of UCF
Africans in Action
A Wider Bridge
Broward County Hispanic Bar Association
Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
Cambodian Mutual Assistance Association of Greater Lowell
Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers
Chinese Association of Science, Education and Culture of South Florida
Cuban American Bar Association
Dade County Bar Association
Dance Now Miami
Diversity Access Pipeline, Inc.
Federal Bar Association South Florida Chapter
Federation of Florida Chinese Associations
Florida Asian Services
Florida Asian Women Alliance
Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Miami-Dade Chapter)
Florida Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
Florida Chinese Federation
Florida Muslim Bar Association
Fred G. Minnis Sr. Bar Association
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida
Hispanic National Bar Association Region VIII (Florida)
Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
Kozyak Minority Mentoring Foundation
Miami Dance Hub
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
National LGBT Bar Association
National Association of Asian American Professionals (Orlando)
OCA South Florida Chapter
Orange County Asian Committee
Orange County Bar Association
Orange County Bar Association Foundation
Orlando Chinese Professional Americans
Paul C. Perkins Bar Association
Safeguarding American Values for Everyone
South Asian Bar Association of Florida
South Asian Bar Association of North America
Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
Thai-American Association of South Florida
T.J. Reddick Bar Association
University of Miami School of Law
Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
If you are a voluntary bar association or other non-profit organization and are interested in becoming a community supporter, please contact Bernice Lee: [email protected].
The event link will be provided via email prior to April 28, 2021
|Starts||Wed Apr 28 2021, 6:00pm EDT|
|Ends||Wed Apr 28 2021, 7:00pm EDT|