- This event has passed.
The University of Florida’s 23rd Annual Asian American Student Assembly: Fuel the Flame
Aug 26, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
ARE YOU READY TO FIND YOUR SPARK?
The Asian American Student Assembly, or AASA, is the largest welcome assembly during the Weeks of Welcome here at the University of Florida. AASA consists of a mix of performances and speeches from numerous organizations deeply involved with the Asian American community on the UF campus. Here, students can learn about the numerous Asian cultures and the many leadership opportunities this community has to offer.
For the past 23 years, the Asian American Student Union (AASU) has been at the forefront of political and social advocacy at the University of Florida. Working tirelessly, AASU has sparked major change, such as hiring UF’s first APIA director, contributing to the development of an Asian Studies minor, and advocating for the APIA suite, in diversity and multicultural awareness at UF. Thus, we are proud to announce AASA’s theme for 2016: FUEL THE FLAME. Exploring the flames of passion that have catalyzed our community, we hope to ignite your potential, fire up your involvement, forge new friendships, and burn through any obstacles in your path. So, join us for a night of emblazoning performances at the Phillip’s Center on August 26th at 6:30pm and #FuelYourFlame
Featuring fiery performances by:
– Asian American Student Union (AASU)
– Asian Kaleidoscope Month (AKM)
– Freshman Leadership Program (FLP)
– Chinese American Student Association (CASA)
– Health Educated Asian Leaders (HEAL)
– Filipino Student Association (FSA)
– Korean Undergraduate Student Association (KUSA)
– Vietnamese Student Organization (VSO)
– alpha Kappa Delta Phi International Sorority, Inc. (aKDPhi)
– Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. (KPL)
– Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Inc. (PDPsi)
– Indian Student Association (ISA)
And special presentations by:
– Office of Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs (APIA)
– Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE)
– Sparks Magazine
Guest Performer: Coming soon!
Date: August 26, 2015
Doors open: 6:30PM
Show starts: 7:00PM
Location: Curtis M. Philips Center for Performing Arts
This event is FREE and open to the public! NO TICKETS REQUIRED. Just show up to the Phillips Center and you’re good to go!
Missing a ride to the show? Don’t worry, simply ride busses 20, 118, 126, 117, 125, 119 to the Cultural Plaza! If you’re driving, parking is lifted!
Cosponsored by UF Student Government, Volunteer for International Student Affairs, and KIND Healthy Snacks
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more updates, announcements, and contests!
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/