Sunday, May 5, 2024

Born During the Vietnam War: An Operation Babylift Adoptee’s Story

Vietnam is not the war of my generation. It is, however, a war generations before mine have ensured won’t be forgotten. Growing up I read Tim O’Brien’s book “The Things They Carried” and watched...

Asian-American and Adopted

Ever since I can remember, I have known I was adopted. I suppose it would have been irresponsible of my parents to keep it a secret from me because it would have become quickly...

Asian American Night at Amway Center 2015

Hundreds of Magic Fans from the Asian community of Greater Orlando converged on the Amway Center on March 27, 2015, for Asian American Night – A Celebration of Diversity organized by the Asian American...

My Life in China

Independent film director, Kenneth Eng, recently graced our Central Florida for the East Coast Premiere of his documentary film, “My Life in China,” at the 2015 Florida Film Festival. During the festival, we received...
Miss Vietnam Florida Pageant

Central Florida Dragon Parade welcomes the year of goat

Watch the Dragon Parade Lunar New Year Festival videos at Youtube.com/AsiaTrend On February 22, 2015, Orlando’s Fashion Square Mall hosted the 4th-Annual Central Florida Dragon Parade and Lunar New Year Festival, welcoming in the year of the goat....
Central Florida Dragon Parade Lunar New Year Festival 2015

Dreams will come true if you believe

I admit that the Central Florida Dragon Parade and Lunar New Year Festival is the biggest thing I have ever done so far in my life. This crazy idea came into life four years ago...
Chinese School of CAACF

Orlando Downtown Library hosts Chinese New Year event

Orlando downtown library-goers got a chance to celebrate the Chinese New Year through a one-hour program presented by the Chinese School of CAACF on February 21, the third day of the Lunar New Year. CHARGE...

2015 Vietnamese New Year Festival in Orlando hosted by the Vietnamese Catholic Church

Photos: Don Vu and Ricky Ly On Jan 31 weekend, the Vietnamese Catholic Church of Orlando, St Philip Phan van minh hosted their annual Vietnamese New Year Festival at the Central Florida Fairgrounds for 2015 –...
Mills 50

What happened in Mills 50 in 2014?

Mills 50 received National Main Street Accreditation for the Fourth Year in a row. Over $3 million dollars in capital investments (private funds) were invested in Mills 50. 15 new businesses opened in Mills 50. 197 volunteers...
YESS Center

Asia Trend / YESS Center Christmas Caroling

Photos: C.K. Lau (To view the photo album, visit www.facebook.com/asiatrend) On December 21, 2014 the Orlando Japanese Baptist Church spread some holiday cheer to the shoppers at Orlando Fashion Square Mall. Caroling was one of four performances part...
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.