Friday, May 3, 2024

NAPABA Announces Its Best Lawyers Under 40

WASHINGTON — The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) has selected 18 attorneys to receive the 2016 Best Lawyers Under 40 Award (BU40 Award). The BU40 Award recognizes talented individuals in the Asian...

APIAVote is appalled by offensive Fox News segment on Chinese American voters

Washington, DC — Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is appalled by the recent "Watters' World" segment on The O'Reilly Factor on Chinese American voters. The segment exploited Asian American stereotypes and exemplified the...
REACH Dragon Boat team

Orlando Youthful Dragon Boat Team: REACH of Central Florida

The day I learned to dragonboat, it was a hot, muggy Saturday morning.  I nervously stood as I watched CHARGE paddlers demonstrate the basics of dragon boating.  Until then, I had no clue about...

Serve. Inspire. Change.

"Serve, Inspire, Change!" Those were the words I defaulted to when asked to explain my summer experience as a Bank of America Student Leader in three words or less. However, what was supposed to...

Isn’t it the time to go solar in Florida? – A case study from...

Background Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit of 30% was extended for solar electric system placed into service by 12/31/2019.  In 2016, solar electric system cost per watt is reduced to $3.3 to $3.5 in Florida...

USF Mid-Autumn Moon Festival 2016

With a full moon rising Thursday night, Fall came early for everyone celebrating the Chinese Mid-Autumn Moon Festival at the University of South Florida in Tampa on Thursday night.  The Suncoast Association of Chinese Americans,...

“Tokyo-Ga” art exhibition unveiled at Miami International Airport by Japanese and MIA officials

“Tokyo-Ga” at Miami International Airport (MIA) is the first exhibition devoted to Japanese culture at MIA. The “Tokyo-Ga” (images of Tokyo) project began in response to a devastating tsunami and earthquake that claimed thousands...

New Report Highlights Economic Challenges Facing Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Seniors in...

WASHINGTON, D.C., September 1, 2016 – The Asian American Federation, with primary funding support from AARP, released a new report, Asian American Seniors in New York City: An Updated Snapshot, highlighting the demographic changes...

YES! @ Tampa Yankee

In support of YES! of America United, Tampa Yankees donated $3 of every of every ticket sold for their August 14th baseball game against the Lakeland Flying Tigers. To further celebrate the occasion, Suncoast...

APIA VOTE 2016 PRESIDENT TOWN HALL WATCH PARTY

I came for the Char Siu, but I stayed for the politics. On August 12th, 2016, the YESS center hosted its first ever President town hall watch party. AAJA (Asian American Journal Association) and...
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.