YESS Center FL

Y.E.S.S. center celebrates its One-year anniversary at the Annual Dragon Parade

The Y.E.S.S. (Youth Enrichment and Senior Services) center was in full gear as we prepared for our Annual Dragon Parade Lunar New Year Festival on February 14, 2016. The center itself started as mostly an extension...

Why I Support Senator Bernie Sanders for President of the United States

Born in a UN refugee camp, Bao Nguyen and his parents emigrated to the United States to escape oppression in communist Vietnam. Bao was elected Mayor of Garden Grove, California in 2014, making history...
REACH of Central Florida

REACH mobilizes the members to get involved in the local community by volunteering

REACH (Recognizing Experiencing Asian Cultural Heritage) was one of the four organizers to host the 2016 Dragon Parade Lunar New Year Festival. REACH collaborated with various middle schools and high schools from all parts...
Asian American Heritage Week 2016 @ UCF

Asian American Heritage Week 2016

For the past several weeks, the Asian American student groups have been developing a plan for UCF's first Asian American Heritage Week.   The effort is led by the Asian Pacific American Coalition with...

Son, why you laugh?

Son, why you laugh? Son, do you know your father? I am your father. I have some questions Son. When you plan to get married? When you plan to bring kids? Can you stop laughing? Why are you being selfish? Son, don't...
Tohoku Tomo

Tohoku Tomo screening in Orlando and Miami

As a former member of the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) program Wesley’s story about volunteers giving back to Japan in a time of need struck a particular chord. If there is anything that...

Dear Chris Rock, Your Asian Joke Wasn’t Funny

When it comes to hosting the Oscars, it's almost customary to expect a host who is a comedian. Over the history of the Oscars, we have seen a series of American comedy icons --...

India Day 2016: Jai Ho Magic!

I was very lucky to cover India Day 2016, which was organized by the IACC (Indian American Chamber of Commerce). The event took place at the Amway Center in Downtown Orlando. From the beginning,...

Fifth Annual Central Florida Dragon Parade and Lunar New Year Festival

The Fifth Annual Central Florida Dragon Parade and Lunar New Year Festival has returned to ring in the Year of the Monkey, bringing unity and solidarity among the Asian American community as well as...
Collecting Toys at the Chinese Schhol of CAACF

REACH of Central Florida puts “Giving” into action

‘Tis the season to be giving! As the end of the year rolls around, the importance of gift giving is highlighted through television, store advertisements, peers, and social media. However, there are many children...
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.
We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.